Map (updated)

Map updated to reflect actual route
View Larger Map

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 6 Recap

Well today worked out very well, after all my doubt about it. The fog wasn't nearly as bad at Golden Gate as it had been on Sunday, so I got a bunch of photos that hopefully come out well - it was impossible to see the screen of my camera in the sun.

I also hiked up to Coit Tower, which took some doing - the hills in San Fran are a bitch.

Aside from that, I didn't see too much "new" that I hadn't seen on Sunday. No dice on the Alcatraz tours, obviously. I considered taking one of the other various Bay tours that are available, but ended up deciding against it. Overall I wish I could have gone to Yosemite, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards. And I know I would have been tense about making it to the airport in time, so it's probably for the best.

Now I'm sitting at SFO waiting for my flight (still over an hour away). Thank God I still have some HotSpot time from my hotel. Yay for networked hotspots!

Once I get my photos all set up, I will try to do a more in-depth recap of the trip with illustrative photos to both jog my memory and make up for my lack of ability to write well. Knowing me and my impatience with such things, it'll be done two days after I get back (I'm in Seattle until Monday night).

No comments: