Map (updated)

Map updated to reflect actual route
View Larger Map

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 2 Recap

Day 2 was a great day.

I spend the entire day in San Francisco.

My original plan was to start the day at Alcatraz, but I found out that you really need to plan ahead for that; tickets sell out days in advance. So that option was gone.

So instead I took BART up to Union Square. Saw the trolley (see below); the line to get on the stupid thing was RIDICULOUSLY long. Not that I had planned on taking it anyway, but still, who waits two hours or whatever (it had to be that long considering the length of the line) to take a stupid trolley?

Anyway, wandered around Union Square, then started walking up towards AT&T Park. Went through Yerba Buena, and then ended up at the Bay. Walked around AT&T Park, which is a really cool little area, checked out the Bay Bridge, and then started walking west along the Bay. Went through all the Piers, including exploring Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf, then headed into Presidio towards the Golden Gate Bridge. Ended up at Crissy Field which is right next to the bridge. Unfortunately, fog was completely covering the area and the bridge wasn't at all visible.

After spending a half hour resting my feet at Crissy Field, my friend Sarah called me and we met up in North Beach, which is the Italian section of San Francisco. Had a nice late lunch / early dinner at Calzone's, which was fantastic (no we didn't get calzones). Then we parted ways and I headed back to BART by way of Chinatown.

Way too many pictures of the day are over on Picasa.

No comments: